Quality shirts are a must-have item in any man’s wardrobe. It can be the perfect garment to transition from day to night or to show off your style and personality. A well-made shirt will last longer and look better than a cheap one, as it is made with more durable materials and better construction. Many brands, like polo shirts, offer quality options in various colors, styles, and sizes, allowing you to find the perfect fit for any occasion.
If you are looking for the perfect shirt, here are a few factors to consider.
It’s not just a matter of choosing the suitable collar but also ensuring that you get the perfect size and shape. Here are some things to consider as you select:
- Collar style: You want an easy-to-wear collar that won’t choke you or leave marks on your neck after wearing it all day. The best choice for most men is a spread collar (the kind with points) because this style looks good on almost any face shape, although it might be too wide for smaller frames or narrow faces if it has too much space between the points and tips of each buttonhole.
- Collar size: As far as sizing goes, selecting one that suits your height should fall between 1/4″ below and 1/2″ above your Adam’s apple when buttoned up with no tie.
- Collar shape: When it comes to shaping choices, look for something with soft edges: square or rounded curves are both flattering options here.
- Collar widths vary depending on how tall they are; typically, wider collars suit taller men because they help balance out their frames, while narrower ones work better for shorter guys who want to appear more proportional in their outfits.
- Cotton is by far the most popular fabric for shirts. It’s breathable and absorbent, keeping you cool on hot days and warm on cold ones. Cotton also absorbs sweat well, so if you’re one of those who works out regularly or want to look stylish at all times, cotton is for you!
- Polyester is wrinkle-resistant, durable, and stain resistant—making it a great choice for those who travel often. However, this fabric retains odors over time (especially after washing), so it may not be ideal if odor-free clothes are essential to you.
- Rayon is lightweight yet smooth, feeling like silk but stronger than cotton —it’ll be perfect if you’re looking for a more formal look with less weight than silk would provide but still want something that feels luxurious against your skin!
Cuff type is another important factor when buying a polo shirt. The section of the sleeve that is rolled up can make the shirt look more formal or casual and affect the shirt’s overall look.
If you’re looking for a simple, relaxed look, go with regular cuffs folded over once. This will give your shirt a less polished appearance and give you more freedom of movement in your arm movement.
Alternatively, if you want something more formal or professional, try French cuffs with buttons. These types of cuffs are commonly seen amongst business professionals because they complete their suit jackets perfectly and elevate their overall appearance.
Now that you have chosen the right color, material, and style for your shirt, it’s time to focus on fit. The most important aspect of finding a perfectly fitting shirt is to choose one that is neither too tight nor too loose. If your shirt is too tight, it will restrict movement and make it difficult for you to breathe correctly. On the other hand, if the shirt is too loose, it makes you look like a pajama wearer, even when wearing formal attire.
You should also consider how long your sleeves should be before making a purchase decision, as this can affect whether or not they’ll cover up any tattoos or scars on your arm (for example).
- Choose the right style and fabric for your body type.
With so many options available in the market, it can take a lot of work to find the fitting shirt that will suit all your needs. If you are looking for casual wear and want something that looks smart but is not too formal, go for brands like polo shirts made from cotton material. However, if you like wearing t-shirts during summer or want to look stylish, opt for cotton-synthetic blends because these shirts are breathable and lightweight, and comfortable to wear during summer.
- Choose a collar style based on face shape.
The collar of your shirt should complement the shape of your face so that it looks good on you rather than making it look unattractive by choosing an inappropriate style like v-neck collars if you have round shaped face or a mandarin collar when you have an oval-shaped face etcetera.
The bottom line is that choosing the perfect shirt for men can be difficult. However, if you follow these simple steps, finding the right one will be much easier. Here’s hoping that your search ends with the perfect shirt!