Sunglasses for women are all over the store, but they can be confusing. They are expensive, hard to find and hard to buy. Womens sunglasses are also hard to wear—they don’t fit well on most faces (significantly larger ones), and they’re often uncomfortable or not flattering in their design. So when choosing one for you, make sure you pick the right one with the following information.
Shop by shape (square, round, cat-eye) and style (Bordeaux, neon).
- Shop by shape (square, round, cat-eye) and style (Bordeaux, neon).
- Cat-eye sunglasses are the most popular sunglasses for women because they’re versatile and flattering. Cat-eye glasses can be worn on all face shapes—round or square—and with any hair colour or hairstyle. They also work well with hats because they sit close to your face without being too heavy or bulky.
Understanding your fit will help you pick a great pair for every situation.
The fit of your sunglasses is just as important as their style. Fit is different for every face shape and size, so it’s essential to understand what makes a good fit for you.
The first thing to remember about sunglasses is that they’re all individualized. That means no two pairs will be exactly alike—even if they have the same model number or brand name! If you think about it, this makes sense; no two people have the same eyes (noses) or mouths (or ears), so why should any pair of frames be identical? But where does this leave us when we want to pick new shades?
When choosing between two similar-looking pairs at the store or online retailer, don’t just look at how they feel on your face; focus instead on how comfortable they are while wearing them around town. Is there pressure building up behind both temples? Does one side seem tighter than another side? These small details can tell quite a bit about whether you should try again with another pair—and sometimes even decide against buying anything!
Avoid more than four colours per frame because it gets confusing fast.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you don’t know what colour or style is right for you, you should ask someone at the store for an opinion.
- Be open-minded about new things! You might be surprised by some styles and colours, just waiting for you to try them on.
- Refunds are always an option—and if not, keep shopping until something works best with your face shape/size/style preferences (and budget).
Ask for guidance from stylists when choosing sunglasses.
When choosing sunglasses, it’s essential to ask for help from a stylist. They’ll be able to guide you on what style will work best for your face shape and eye colour.
When shopping for sunglasses at the store or online, ask if a salesperson can recommend sunglasses based on your needs. If they don’t have one available at the moment, ask them to call up another employee who does know about sunglasses—this may be someone who works in that area too!
Choose glasses that suit your face.
- Choose sunglasses that fit your face.
- Do you have a round or oval face? Is it wide or narrow? Are you vertically challenged or have long legs and a tiny waist? These are all questions to ask yourself before shopping for sunglasses because they can affect the shape of your glasses and how they look on you.
- If there is one thing you’ve learned from years of wearing glasses, there’s no such thing as just one pair of eyewear—you’ll always need another pair in case anything happens to them.
Women’s sunglasses can be confusing. There are so many kinds, styles and colours to choose from that it can be overwhelming. You may not know where to start or what style will suit your face best. Or maybe you want something unique, like a pair of Aviators or Wayfarers but don’t want them super expensive! Either way, there is no need to panic—follow the tips shared!